Vegetable Casserole from Mom (by Sharon - low-fat)
I did some tweaking to make it lower fat.
- cooking spray
- 16 oz
- pkg. mixed vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 can(s)
- (10 ozs.) low-fat condensed cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- 1 jar(s)
- (4 ozs.) of pimentos (optional)
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- 2% lower fat cheddar cheese, shredded or (4 oz.) light velveeta, cubed
- 1/3 c
- 1% low fat milk or low-fat sour cream
- 1/8 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- light butter, melted, to mix with cracker crumbs (optional)
- cracker crumbs to cover (optional)
How to Make Vegetable Casserole from Mom (by Sharon - low-fat)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook vegetables in a small amount of water in microwave for 3-5 minutes; drain.
- 3Mix all items, except buttered cracker crumbs (optional ingredients),and pour into dish.
Melt light butter, & mix with cracker crumbs, if using.
- 4Bake covered for 40-45 minutes. Remove dish from oven; uncover, top with buttered cracker crumbs (if using),and bake uncovered 5 minutes more. Makes 6 servings.