Tuscany Kale with Bell Peppers & Toasted Pine Nuts
1 lb(bunch) kale, washed, stems removed and sliced
1/2each - red, yellow, & orange bell peppers, diced
1/2 smallwhite onion, diced
4 clovegarlic minced
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 cchicken or vegetable broth - low sodium
1/2 cpine nuts
·salt and pepper - to taste
How to Make Tuscany Kale with Bell Peppers & Toasted Pine Nuts
- In a medium pan over medium heat – add olive oil, onions and garlic and sauté until tender. ( about 3 - 5 minutes)
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then add Kale and let cook for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add diced bell peppers, salt and pepper taste. Remove from heat and cover.
- In a small skillet over medium heat add pine nuts, stir nuts until they become lightly brown and toasted.
- Add pine nuts to kale and toss. Then place in serving dish.