Tuscany Kale with Bell Peppers & Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 lb
- (bunch) kale, washed, stems removed and sliced
- each - red, yellow, & orange bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 small
- white onion, diced
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 c
- chicken or vegetable broth - low sodium
- 1/2 c
- pine nuts
- salt and pepper - to taste
How to Make Tuscany Kale with Bell Peppers & Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2In a medium pan over medium heat – add olive oil, onions and garlic and sauté until tender. ( about 3 - 5 minutes)
- 3Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then add Kale and let cook for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- 4Add diced bell peppers, salt and pepper taste. Remove from heat and cover.
- 5In a small skillet over medium heat add pine nuts, stir nuts until they become lightly brown and toasted.
- 6Add pine nuts to kale and toss. Then place in serving dish.