★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 lbzucchlni trimmed
1/4 cpitted black olives lightly crushed ,then sliced
1/4 lbyellow squash trimmed
3 Tbspfeta cheese crumbled
1large egg yolk beten lightly
·vegetable oil for brushing the tomatoes
How to Make Tomatoes stuffed with squash, and feta cheese
- cut a thin slice from the stem end of each tomatoe , and scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4" shell. drain and reserve the pulp.
- sprinkle the tomatoes with salt, invert and let stand for 20 minutes.
- coarsely grade the zucchini and squash , then toss in a colander with 3/4 tsp. salt and let stand 20 minutes. rince with cold water, squeeze dry,
- then combine with olives, feta, egg yolk, and reserved pulp in a bowl.
- stuff the tomatoes with mixture, molding it, put them into a oiled baking dish, and brush the outsides of tomatoes with oil.
- bake at 450 for 10 minutes.