★★★★★ 1 vote5
- med. tomatoes
- 1/4 lb
- zucchlni trimmed
- 1/4 c
- pitted black olives lightly crushed ,then sliced
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 lb
- yellow squash trimmed
- 3 Tbsp
- feta cheese crumbled
- large egg yolk beten lightly
- vegetable oil for brushing the tomatoes
How to Make Tomatoes stuffed with squash, and feta cheese
- 1cut a thin slice from the stem end of each tomatoe , and scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4" shell. drain and reserve the pulp.
- 2sprinkle the tomatoes with salt, invert and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 3coarsely grade the zucchini and squash , then toss in a colander with 3/4 tsp. salt and let stand 20 minutes. rince with cold water, squeeze dry,
- 4then combine with olives, feta, egg yolk, and reserved pulp in a bowl.
- 5stuff the tomatoes with mixture, molding it, put them into a oiled baking dish, and brush the outsides of tomatoes with oil.
- 6bake at 450 for 10 minutes.