TOMATO BISCUIT PIE
- 1 c
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 1/8 lb
- tomatoes (or may use large can, drained)
- 1/2 tsp
- each: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c
- basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- chives, dried or fresh chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make TOMATO BISCUIT PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9- by 9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 2Melt butter in microwave. Combine butter, flour and sour cream in a medium bowl. Spread the dough in the prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- 3While crust bakes, peel tomatoes and slice 1/4 inch thick. Remove crust from oven. Arrange half of tomato slices over crust. Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, basil, chives and cheese. Repeat the layer.
- 4Bake 20 minutes at 425 degrees. Let pie sit 5 minutes. Use foil to lift pie from pan. Cut and serve.