Tex-Mex Stuffed Zucchini
- 3 medium
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- chipotle chili powder
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded
- 1 large
- tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- sliced pickled jalapenos, for topping (optional)
How to Make Tex-Mex Stuffed Zucchini
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- 2Halve 2 zucchini lengthwise; scoop out the seeds, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Chop the scooped-out zucchini flesh and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Grate the remaining whole zucchini on the large holes of a box grater; add to the bowl along with 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside 10 minutes, then squeeze out the liquid.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, minced jalapeno, chile powder and grated zucchini mixture; cook until tender, 4 minutes. Let cool, then stir in the cheese.
- 5Spoon into the zucchini halves. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake until bubbling, 20 minutes.
- 6Combine the tomato, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl. Spoon over the zucchini, then top with pickled jalapenos, if using.