Tex-Mex Stuffed Zucchini
2 Tbspolive oil
1 clovegarlic, minced
1jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 tspchipotle chili powder
1 cmonterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded
1 largetomato, seeded and finely chopped
3 Tbspgreen onions, chopped
3 Tbspfresh cilantro, chopped
·sliced pickled jalapenos, for topping (optional)
How to Make Tex-Mex Stuffed Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Halve 2 zucchini lengthwise; scoop out the seeds, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Chop the scooped-out zucchini flesh and transfer to a bowl.
- Grate the remaining whole zucchini on the large holes of a box grater; add to the bowl along with 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside 10 minutes, then squeeze out the liquid.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, minced jalapeno, chile powder and grated zucchini mixture; cook until tender, 4 minutes. Let cool, then stir in the cheese.
- Spoon into the zucchini halves. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake until bubbling, 20 minutes.
- Combine the tomato, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl. Spoon over the zucchini, then top with pickled jalapenos, if using.