SWEET CUCUMBER PICKLE CHIPS
How to Make SWEET CUCUMBER PICKLE CHIPS
- PICKLES: Wash and cut cucumbers in round slices. Put in quart jars.
- For each quart add alum and salt and flill with cold cider vinegar. Seal, but not tightly, let stand 2 to 3 months or longer.
- Anytime after that drain and cover with the following syrup
- SYRUP: Mix, bring to boil, let boil 2 to 3 minutes and pour over the cucumbers that have been packed into quart jars. Seal. Ready in two weeks.
- Do not add any more vinegar.
- Before using set jar in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. They are crisp like ice.