Susan's Fried Cabbage
- 2 Tbsp
- flavored cooking oil, like a stir-fry oil with sesame and ginger
- 2 tsp
- (heaping) minced garlic from a jar
- 1 large
- pinch dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 medium
- onion, sliced
- 1 small
- head cabbage, finely shredded
How to Make Susan's Fried Cabbage
- 1Heat the oil until hot in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook about 30 seconds.
- 2Stir in the sliced onion and cook another minute. Stir in a good pinch of salt.
- 3Start adding the cabbage, about 1/3 at a time. Stir well and let cook down a bit before adding the next part. When all the cabbage has been added and is starting to wilt very well, cover the skillet and turn the heat to low. Allow to steam until done to your liking.
- 4You can add smoked sausage during the last 5 minutes of steaming if you want to add meat to this dish. Or, you can add 3-4 pre-cooked seasoned chicken breasts, or even meatballs. Or just eat the cabbage by itself!