How to Make Summer Squash with Leeks and Ham
- 1Wash and slice summer squash, discarding the ends.
- 2Slice the leek, discarding the dark green part, the root end, and the outer layer. Wash the slices well in water, breaking the slices into rings and making sure to remove all the grit.
- 3Toss squash and leek a microwave-safe dish big enough to hold all the ingredients. Top with the knob of butter and herb and spice mix.
- 4Cover and Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- 5Cut the ham into 1/2 inch dice and toss with the squash and leeks.
- 6Leave uncovered and microwave 1 minute.
- 7Toss once more and serve.