How to Make Summer Squash with Leeks and Ham
- Wash and slice summer squash, discarding the ends.
- Slice the leek, discarding the dark green part, the root end, and the outer layer. Wash the slices well in water, breaking the slices into rings and making sure to remove all the grit.
- Toss squash and leek a microwave-safe dish big enough to hold all the ingredients. Top with the knob of butter and herb and spice mix.
- Cover and Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Cut the ham into 1/2 inch dice and toss with the squash and leeks.
- Leave uncovered and microwave 1 minute.
- Toss once more and serve.