Stuffed peppers vegetarian style healthy
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 3 clove
- garlic, chopped
- zucchini, diced
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (28 ounce big size can)
- 2 c
- cooked brown rice
- large green peppers, sliced in half
- 1 jar(s)
- paul newman's sockerooni pasta sauce
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Stuffed peppers vegetarian style healthy
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook your brown rice if it isnt already cooked or if you do not have left overs.
Dice the vegetables on the small side, so you can stuff the peppers easily.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan . Add your chopped onions until nearly transparent and then add garlic,zucchini. Saute until zucchini is tender.
- 3Combine brown rice and shredded cheese.
Add to the sauteed vegetables in the large frying pan.
Open the can of diced tomatoes. Pour the juice from the can into a 9x13 baking dish with high sides. Squeeze the tomatoes to extract more juice from the tomatoes. They dont have to be bone dry, but most liquid removed.
- 4Add your squeezed tomatoes to the frying pan with all the other ingredients and blend well. Salt and pepper to taste and blend again.
- 5Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
Stuff your pepper halves with the rice filling.
Place them in the baking dish that has the tomato juice in it.
Top them with one can of Sockarooni sauce.
- 6Bake in preheated 375 degree oven, covered for about a half hour.