☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 large
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c
- evoo + 2 t to drizzle on top
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 2 tsp
- crab boil
How to Make Stuffed Artichokes
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cut off stems from the artichokes to leave a neat, flat base. Peel off any outer leaves that look really tough or that are just hanging off. Lay each artichoke on its side and cut away the upper third with a sharp knife. With kitchen shears, remove the prickly leaf tips from each remaining leaf. Rub the cut sides and bottom with the lemon, squeezing lemon juice onto the cut areas and set aside.
- 2Place the prepared artichokes and crab boil in the boiling water and simmer, partially covered, until the bottom is tender and can be pierced with a sharp knife and an outer leaf pulls out easily, about 25 minutes.
- 3While the artichokes are par-cooking, in a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic cloves, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt & pepper. After the artichokes have finished par-cooking, drain upside down in a colander.
- 4When they are cool enough to handle, press the leaves gently back so that the artichoke opens to reveal the inner choke and prickly leaves. Pull out the cone of undeveloped white leaves and gently scrape out the choke with a spoon so as not to damage the heart. Gently pull the leaves outward from the center until the leaves open slightly.
- 5Start packing and filling the cavities with the bread stuffing as well as between the leaves. Do this until all 4 artichokes are sufficiently stuffed. Then place the chokes in a heavy bottom sauce pot that goes well over the height of the chokes. Drizzle the EVOO all over the tops of the artichokes. Fill the pot with the wine first and enough eater to come up halfway on the sides of the artichokes. Put on the stove and bring to a low simmer. Cover tightly and cook until soft at least 20 minutes.
- 6If you want the tops to have a nice crust on them, transfer to a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.