Stewed Tomatoes and Rice By Freda
Its been in My Family for as Long as I can remember, over 85 yrs for Sure. My granny used to make a meal on this
STEWED TOMATOES & RICE SIDE DISH BY FREDA
1 lgonion diced and chopped
1/2chopped green bell pepper
1/2 Cchopped & diced celery
5 Tbscooking oil ( approx)
1 Clong grain, uncooked rice
2 Cwater or chicken broth
1 tspgarlic pdr or fresh garlic if desired
2 cans(16oz) stewed tomatoes chopped
·option: season with salt & pepper if desired
How to Make Stewed Tomatoes and Rice By Freda
- Heat Oil on Med-High heat
Add: Onions, Bell Pepper, Celery, Garlic Saute only until slightly tender, But not cooked all the way.
- Add: Rice and Saute with Vegies, only till Rice slightly changes its Color, Toss frequently, so as to not Burn.
- Add: Water or Broth to rice Mixture.
Bring to Boil; Reduce Heat to Simmer, Cover
Cook for 25-30 Min. (DO NOT STIR) or cook till rice is Tender and Fluffy. Then, Fluff with Fork.
- Heat Tomatoes to Hot, in sperate Pan or in Bowl in Microwave.
- Serve STEWED Tomatoes over this Cooked Rice.
Enjoy this as a side Dish and addition to any meal.