- 3 medium
- yellow crookneck squash
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- aunt jemima yellow self-rising cornmeal mix
- 2 -2 1/2 c
- crisco shortening or oil of your choice
OPTION: MAY USE 1 1/2 CUP YELLOW CORNMEAL AND 1/2 CUP SELF-RISING OR ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR IN PLACE OF CORNMEAL MIX
How to Make Squash Crispies
- 1Rinse squash well. Slice into thin round slices (though, not extremely thin) between 1/8-in. and 1/4-inch each.
- 2Dip slices in milk then generously salt and pepper, according to taste.
- 4Melt 2 cups Crisco,(preferred because it doesn't burn as easily as cheaper shortening) or oil in skillet until hot.