Sprouts Roasted and Marinated
Mrs. Mahaffy , a great cook and a diabetic has given me many of her recipe to post in my cookbook.
- 10-16 oz
- fresh brussel sprouts,sliced lengthwise
- 4 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar or lo-cal italian dressing
- 6 small
- cloves garlic, minced or chopped fine
- 1 small
- shallot, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- dill weed
- 2 tsp
- chopped fine rosemary
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon bits, optional adds calories
How to Make Sprouts Roasted and Marinated
- 1Preheat oven to 425^.
Cook sprouts in water in a saucepan, just until al dente. Drain well, pat dry and cut in half lengthwise.
- 3In a large skillet sauté the shallot,and garlic and remaining olive oil over medium-high heat, until tender.
Add balsamic vinegar(or Italian dressing) and cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Put sprouts in a bowl and pour this mixture over sprouts. Eat while warm or chill several hours and serve chilled.
About 13 calories per whole sprout.