Spiralized Carrots & Squash with Ro-tel Tomatoes
1 Tbspolive oil
3 cspiralized yellow squash
2 cspiralized carrots
1/4 cdiced onions
1 can(s)10 oz ro-tel tomatoes & green chilies.
·s&p to taste
THE RO-TEL TOMATOES & GREEN CHILIES COME IN MILD, ORIGINAL, FIRE ROASTED AND MEXICAN (WITH LIME & CILANTRO). I USED THE ORIGINAL. YOU CAN HAVE IT AS MILD OR HOT AS YOU LIKE.
How to Make Spiralized Carrots & Squash with Ro-tel Tomatoes
- Heat the Olive oil in a 10 - 12 inch saute pan
- Add the onions and saute about 2 minutes.
- Add the squash carrots and saute for about 8-10 additional minutes.
- Mix the vegetables well; and saute until crisp tender.
- When done; but not wilted; and are still a little crisp; add the can of Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies.I use the Original. This gives it a little kick. If you want a little more "heat," you can use a can with the hotter green chilies.
- Mix well, and cook until nice and hot. Enjoy!
- NOTE: You can half or double the recipe. This makes a great side dish, along with other vegetables or your choice of meat. I had it with fresh corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes (fresh from Florida). Yum!!