- 1 lb
- spinach cleaned, stems removed (rinsed but not dried)
- 1 1/2 oz
- jarlsberg swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/3 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Spinach Cheese Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 1 qt. casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add damp spinach and cook, tossing gently, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Place half of spinach, in prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with half Jarlsberg, half Parmesan, half garlic, and half pepper. Top with remaining spinach; sprinkle with remaining cheeses, garlic, and pepper.
- 4Bake on top rack/shelf of oven, until cheeses are melted and bubbly, 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition: One serving 70 cal, 3.6 g fat (sat .3 g), 8 mg chol, 164 mg sod, 3 g fiber, 3 mg iron, .6 mg zinc