Spicy Squash -Mexican Style, Ole'
I wanted a squash dish different from the regular sauted squash or squash casserole. I made this Spicy Squash and Tomatoes with Carrots dish in honor of Cinco de Mayo. I hope that you will enjoy it.
- 6 medium
- summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium
- carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large
- vidalia (or other sweet) onion, sliced into rings; cut rings in half.
- spring onions, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (10 oz) mild (or hotter, if preferred) ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Spicy Squash -Mexican Style, Ole'
- 1Add Olive Oil to sillet and heat to medium-high.
- 2Place sliced squash and carrots into pan; saute' in pan; coat well with the oil.
- 3Add the onions; stir well.
- 4Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend well.
- 5Place lid on skillet; lower the heat to medium and cook 15-20 minutes (until desired tenderness)**
- 6Remove lid and add the can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Green Chilies. Blend well with the squash mixture; Heat through appoximately 5 minutes.
- 7If it is too liquidy for your taste, pour off some of the liquid. Put in serving bowl and enjoy.
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!
- 8** If you like the vegetables a little crunchy (as opposed to done and soft), test for doneness after 10-12 minutes.