Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Have you ever added spaghetti squash to a casserole before? It can raise a few eyebrows at first, but spaghetti squash is truly a wonderful addition to many traditional recipes. This particular casserole has a distinctly Italian flavor and makes a wonderful side dish. Skeptical or not, this is one I recommend you try.
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
3 1/2 lbspaghetti squash
3 Tbspolive oil
2garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cgreen onions, chopped
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Cut squash in half and remove pulp and seeds.
- Place in pan with cut side down in 1 inch of water. Cook in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cut an X on the bottom of each tomato and drop in boiling water for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove and place in ice bath.
- Peel, core and chop tomatoes.
- Use fork to scoop pulp from squash.
- Place spaghetti like strands in casserole dish and add tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute garlic in olive oil then toss with tomatoes and squash.
- Top with mozzarella, parmesan and green onions. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.