Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Have you ever added spaghetti squash to a casserole before? It can raise a few eyebrows at first, but spaghetti squash is truly a wonderful addition to many traditional recipes. This particular casserole has a distinctly Italian flavor and makes a wonderful side dish. Skeptical or not, this is one I recommend you try.
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
- 3 1/2 lb
- spaghetti squash
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c
- green onions, chopped
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1Cut squash in half and remove pulp and seeds.
- 2Place in pan with cut side down in 1 inch of water. Cook in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- 3Cut an X on the bottom of each tomato and drop in boiling water for 30-45 seconds.
- 4Remove and place in ice bath.
- 5Peel, core and chop tomatoes.
- 6Use fork to scoop pulp from squash.
- 7Place spaghetti like strands in casserole dish and add tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Saute garlic in olive oil then toss with tomatoes and squash.
- 9Top with mozzarella, parmesan and green onions. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.