- zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- bag of frozen corn, thawed
- tomatoes, seeded and diced
- poblano chile, grilled, peeled, seeded, and diced
- jalapeno pepper, grilled, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro leaves
How to Make Southwest Succotash
- 1Heat grill to high. Brush cut side of zucchini with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, cut-side down, until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking until just cooked through. Remove from heat and cut into small dice.
- 2Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan on the grates of the grill or you can cook inside on the stove top. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the corn kernels and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chile peppers, diced zucchini, and heavy cream and cook until the cream is reduced by half and begins to thicken.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and cilantro.