Snap Pea's with Tarragon Dressing
1 lbsugar snap peas , trimmed (about 4 cups)
2 Tbspreduced low fat mayonnaise
2 Tbsplow fat plain yogurt (or non- buttermilk)
1 Tbspchopped tarragon or 1 teas. dried tarragon
·freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make Snap Pea's with Tarragon Dressing
- In a large bowl fill 1/2 up with cold water and ice cubes ; set aside.
- In a large pot place 2" of water and bring to a boil , Place pea's in a steamer , cover and steam pea's until crisp-tender , about 5-7 minutes.
- Lift steamer basket out of steamer and put the pea's in the ice water to stop cooking process ; when cool , drain on paper towels.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk mayonnaise , yogurt/buttermilk , tarragon and salt& pepper together.
- Add the pea's and toss to coat evenly ; chill.