Smothered Cabbage with carrots & Sweet Peppers
Rose Mary Mogan
The carrots and sweet peppers makes the dish very colorful and they are also quite tasty.
Simple, Quick and easy is always the best way to go when you are trying to get dinner on the table quickly. I served it with Grilled Pork Chops and Stouffars Mac & Cheese, so it really doesn't get much quicker than that.
- 1 small
- head of cabbage
- 4-5 small
- mini sweet peppers (red, orange, yellow)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chopped chive
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced & separated
- 4 medium
- carrots, washed peeled & sliced on the diagonal
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- each butter & olive or canola oil
- 3-4 clove
- garlic minced (optional)
How to Make Smothered Cabbage with carrots & Sweet Peppers
- 1Cut cabbage in half, then remove the core, by making a V shaped deep cut on either side of the core, then remove. Using a sharp knife cut cabbage half again creating a wedge then slice into thick shreds. Repeat till entire cabbage is cut up. Add to a large bowl.