Slightly Charred Spicey Corn with Bluberry Relish
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- blueberry white balsamic vinegar
- ears of corn, roasted
- small tomato, seeded and diced
- medium jalpeleno peppers, finely chopped
- clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- flat leaf parsley, chopped ( you could use cilantro, we don't care for it so i always use the parsley in it's place)
- 1 c
- washed blueberries
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest
- salt to taste
How to Make Slightly Charred Spicey Corn with Bluberry Relish
- 1Preheat grill to medium
- 2Brush husked and cleaned ears of corn with olive oil. Place on grill turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Let a few kernels on each side become slightly charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool
- 3While corn is cooling, seed and chop tomato; chop Jalepeno, red onion, garlic and parsely. Set aside
- 4Place extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a small jar and shake vigrously to blend. Set aside
- 5When corn is cool enough to handle cut kernels from the cob.
- 6Lightly stir corn, tomato, jalapeno, onion, garlic and parsley together.
- 7Stir in vinaigrette.
- 8Gently toss in blueberries and lemon zest.
- 9Add salt to your taste
- 10Chill 3 or 4 hours to let flavors blend.
- 11Can be served cold or bring to room temperature for serving.