Slightly Charred Spicey Corn with Bluberry Relish
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 Tbspblueberry white balsamic vinegar
3ears of corn, roasted
1small tomato, seeded and diced
2medium jalpeleno peppers, finely chopped
1clove garlic, minced
1 Tbspred onion, finely chopped
1/4 cflat leaf parsley, chopped ( you could use cilantro, we don't care for it so i always use the parsley in it's place)
1 cwashed blueberries
1 tsplemon zest
·salt to taste
How to Make Slightly Charred Spicey Corn with Bluberry Relish
- Preheat grill to medium
- Brush husked and cleaned ears of corn with olive oil. Place on grill turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Let a few kernels on each side become slightly charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool
- While corn is cooling, seed and chop tomato; chop Jalepeno, red onion, garlic and parsely. Set aside
- Place extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a small jar and shake vigrously to blend. Set aside
- When corn is cool enough to handle cut kernels from the cob.
- Lightly stir corn, tomato, jalapeno, onion, garlic and parsley together.
- Stir in vinaigrette.
- Gently toss in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Add salt to your taste
- Chill 3 or 4 hours to let flavors blend.
- Can be served cold or bring to room temperature for serving.