Skillet Corn And Bean Chilaquiles
- corn tortilla
- plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- red onion, chopped
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 c
- reserved cooked puree from ( my recipes, roasted corn chowder)
- 1 can(s)
- kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c
- + 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c
- fat-free sour cream
How to Make Skillet Corn And Bean Chilaquiles
- 1Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 2Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer and bake until crisp and lightly browned for 20 minutes..
- 3Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes , onions, jalapeno and garlic in a large skillet. Cook over med heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, 12 minutes. Let the mixture cool 5 minutes. Puree, in batches if necessary, in a blender or food processor. Return the mixture to the skillet. Add the corn puree, tortillas and beans: cook over med heat, stirring frequently, until the tortilla are softened,10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cilantro. divide the mixture among 4 bowls. top with the sour cream and the remaining 2 tablespoon of cilantro.