Scalloped Tomatoes with Croutons
- 1 c
- chopped celery
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp
- butter* for sauteeing celery & onions and some to mix with bread crumbs, if using
- *cooking spray, if needed for spraying top of dish with the store croutons
- 2 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 3 slice
- bread, toasted, or croutons from the grocery, or bread crumbs
- 1 can(s)
- 1 lb. 12 oz. size tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- 2 tsp
- prepared mustard
How to Make Scalloped Tomatoes with Croutons
- 1Cook celery and onion in butter until just tender; blend in flour.
- 2Butter toast; cut in 1/2 in. cubes. Or, use croutons from the grocery, sprayed with cooking spray, or bread crumbs mixed with a little butter, if using.
- 3Break up tomatoes; add to celery mixture with half of the toast cubes and remaining ingredients.
- 4Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole; top with remaining toast.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.