Sauteed spinach and tomatoes
- 1 bunch
- spinach, roots discarded, washed well(about 6 cups, loosely packed)
- 2 Tbsp
- peanut oil
- 1 small
- onion,finely chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced (or more if you like)
- 2 tsp
- grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or more to taste
- plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into a little less than 1/2-in dice
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 2 Tbsp
- pine nuts, toasted
How to Make Sauteed spinach and tomatoes
- 1PREHEAT A large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute
the onions in the oil for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and salt. Saute for another 30 seconds or so.
- 2Add the tomatoes and saute until moisture begins to release, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Add splashes of water to make the spinach cook faster without burning.
- 4Sprinkle with lemon or lime juice, finish with nuts and serve.