Sauteed Kale with Tomatoes and Queso Fresca Cheese
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is great as a side dish, would make a great light lunch too. Tomatoes give great flavor, while the kale has a nice crunch. I loved the lemon pepper seasoning too. Added a great punch to the recipe. A wonderful guilt-free dish! The Test Kitchen
- 1 head
- of kale
- 1 1/2
- olive oil
- small onion, finely diced
- 2 t.
- thinly sliced basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- plum tomatoes
- small can of stewed tomatoes
- lemon pepper and salt, to taste
- queso fresco cheese, to taste
How to Make Sauteed Kale with Tomatoes and Queso Fresca Cheese
- 1Wash and clean the kale and then slice into fine pieces. Cut up the canned and fresh plum tomatoes and then dice the onion finely.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium skillet and saute the onions slowly while adding the fresh and canned tomatoes to the heated mixture. Next, add the kale and basil to the skillet and cook over medium heat until the kale is cooked, approximatley 5 minutes or more.
- 3Add a liberal amount of lemon pepper and salt. Garnish with the Queso Fresco Cheese.