★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- brussel sprouts (fresh) ends trimmed and loose leaves removed. cut a shallow x in the bottom of each spout
- 2 c
- chicken broth or water
- 1 Tbsp
- real butter
- 1 1/2 tsp
- amber agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp
- almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1 Tbsp
- bacon, cooked and crumbles or bacon bits. (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- 1Clean and prepare brussels sprouts. Place in a large saucepan with chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered for 5 min. or until tender. Drain well.
- 2Return to sauce pan and add butter over low heat, toss until melted. Drizzle agave nectar over sprouts, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well. Add silvered toasted almonds and heat through. May add bacon if desired. Can also add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to kick up the heat.
- 3Enjoy. The measurements are not exact, feel free to adjust to your individual preference.