Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Raisins
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb
- brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced or quartered
- 2 medium
- carrots, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 c
- golden raisins
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low-salt
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Raisins
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and carrots; saute until sprouts start to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add raisins and chicken broth; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 12 minutes.
- 3If the skillet becomes too dry before sprouts are tender, add up to 3 tablespoons water, and continue cooking. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.