Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
12-14brussels sprouts, very thinly sliced
1/2 smallred onion, very thinly sliced
1/4 lbsweet italian sausage, loose (omit meat & substitute a drizzle of olive oil to make it vegetarian)
·salt & pepper to taste
·splash of red wine vinegar
How to Make Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Brown sausage & break up into little crumbles.
- Add veggies and salt & pepper. Sauté until just tender.
- Add a splash of red wine vinegar & large pinch of sugar. Stir. Let cook on low heat about 5-10 mins more.
- Note: Can also be used as a filling for at least 6 Manicotti, for those not wanting a cheese filling.
- Note: Can also substitute breakfast sausage for the Italian sausage to make a delicious filling for an omelet.