- cooking spray
- 9 c
- butternut squash, cut into large cubes
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp
- fresh sage, minced
- 3/4 tsp
- zeast, finely grated
How to Make Sage and Orange-Scented Butternut Squash
- 1Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, thoroughly toss squash with oil and salt, spread onto prepared baking sheets, leaving room between squash cubes.
- 3Roast squash, stirring after 15 minutes, and rotating baking sheets to promote even browning, until squash is tender and well-browned, about 30-40 minutes.
- 4Transfer squash to a serving bowl,toss gently with sage and orange zest. Yields about 3/4 heaping cup per serving.
- 5A medium sized, 2 pound squash will yield approximately 3 1/2 cups of diced squash cubes so you'll need 5 pounds whole squash for this recipe. Peel a whole butternut squash with a sturdy vegetable peeler. Trim the ends and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Also use precut from the store for a shortcut.