★★★★★ 1 vote5
9 cbutternut squash, cut into large cubes
1 Tbspolive oil
2 tspkosher salt
3/4 tspfresh sage, minced
3/4 tspzeast, finely grated
How to Make Sage and Orange-Scented Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly toss squash with oil and salt, spread onto prepared baking sheets, leaving room between squash cubes.
- Roast squash, stirring after 15 minutes, and rotating baking sheets to promote even browning, until squash is tender and well-browned, about 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer squash to a serving bowl,toss gently with sage and orange zest. Yields about 3/4 heaping cup per serving.
- A medium sized, 2 pound squash will yield approximately 3 1/2 cups of diced squash cubes so you'll need 5 pounds whole squash for this recipe. Peel a whole butternut squash with a sturdy vegetable peeler. Trim the ends and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Also use precut from the store for a shortcut.