RUSSIAN ZAKUSKI: BAKED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE
Recipe & Photos: Charlottesweb.com
- 1 large
- head cauliflower florets
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick, divided) butter
- 2 c
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
How to Make RUSSIAN ZAKUSKI: BAKED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE
- 1In a large saucepan, simmer the florets in boiling water for about 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 2In another saucepan, melt half the butter (4 Tbsp.) and add the flour, stirring until golden brown. Add the remaining butter and the milk. Whisk continuously over medium-low heat to prevent lumps.
- 3Allow the sauce to thicken, then add sour cream. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Add half the cheese and stir until melted.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 25 minutes, until top is golden brown. Serve as an appetizer with other foods, or as a side dish with a meal.