RUSSIAN PICKLED TOMATOES
- 6 medium
- tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large
- stalk celery, chopped
- carrots, cut into finger size pieces
- 4 or 5 clove
- garlic, sliced in half lengthwise to release flavor
- 1 bunch
- fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp
- caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp
- sea salt
How to Make RUSSIAN PICKLED TOMATOES
- 1Place all the ingredients except the sea salt into a 1-quart glass mason jar. The jar should be full, so add or remove part or all of a tomato if necessary.
- 2Fill the jar with filtered water to the top. Then, while holding the lid over the mouth of the jar to prevent the vegetables from falling out, pour the water into a bowl.
- 3Add the sea salt to the water and stir until all the salt is dissolved. Pour the salted water back into the jar and cover it very loosely.
- 4Let stand for 2 to 3 days. Once a day, tighten the lid and turn the jar upside down for a few seconds, then set it back down. Loosen the lid and let stand until the next day. After two days, taste to see if you like it. If you find it's a bit bland for your taste, let it stand for another day. Then refrigerate and enjoy!
- 5This will keep for approximately 2 months refrigerated.