RUSSIAN PICKLED TOMATOES
6 mediumtomatoes, quartered
1 largestalk celery, chopped
2carrots, cut into finger size pieces
4 or 5 clovegarlic, sliced in half lengthwise to release flavor
1 bunchfresh dill
1 Tbspcaraway seeds
1 Tbspsea salt
How to Make RUSSIAN PICKLED TOMATOES
- Place all the ingredients except the sea salt into a 1-quart glass mason jar. The jar should be full, so add or remove part or all of a tomato if necessary.
- Fill the jar with filtered water to the top. Then, while holding the lid over the mouth of the jar to prevent the vegetables from falling out, pour the water into a bowl.
- Add the sea salt to the water and stir until all the salt is dissolved. Pour the salted water back into the jar and cover it very loosely.
- Let stand for 2 to 3 days. Once a day, tighten the lid and turn the jar upside down for a few seconds, then set it back down. Loosen the lid and let stand until the next day. After two days, taste to see if you like it. If you find it's a bit bland for your taste, let it stand for another day. Then refrigerate and enjoy!
- This will keep for approximately 2 months refrigerated.