Rose Mary's German Style Green Beans
Rose Mary Mogan
1 lbfresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pcs or 26 oz. frozen
6 slicebacon,diced ( i usually double the amount)
1 mediumonion, sliced
1/2 tspdry mustard
2 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspapple cider vinegar
How to Make Rose Mary's German Style Green Beans
- Place Green Beans in Sauce pan and cover with water; bring to a boil, and cook uncovered, until crisp tender, about 10 minutes. Drain & set aside.
- Cook diced bacon in a skillet over medium heat, until crisp. I like to use a cast iron skillet. Drain on paper towel. Reserve about 2 tablespoons drippings;
- Add sliced onions and cook until transparent & tender. Combine cornstarch,salt,mustard and water in a small bowl;stir until smooth. Pour into onions and bring to a boil;
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sugar and vinegar. Add green beans and heat through. Sprinkle with bacon. SERVE IMMEDIATELY WHILE STILL WARM.
- PLEASE NOTE: If using frozen green beans, omit covering with water, and cook according to package directions in microwave.