Roasted red pepper soup
6 largered bell peppers
1 conion, chopped
2 largecarrots, chopped
1 csweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
4 cvegetable broth
1 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1 tspred wine vinegar
1/4 ccoconut milk, unsweetened
How to Make Roasted red pepper soup
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the red bell peppers in half, de-seed and de-stem them.
Place peppers on a cookie sheet and spray or rub with olive oil.
- Roast the peppers until the skins turn black (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven, and place in a bowl, then cover bowl with saran wrap. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- When ready (and cool enough to handle), uncover peppers and peel away the skin. Discard the skin, and place the peppers in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and sweet potato – sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté a minute longer.
- Add the broth and seasonings, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add red wine vinegar, basil and roasted red peppers.
- In batches, transfer to a food processor and blend. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Add coconut milk and stir to combine.
Add any salt to taste, if needed.
Serve while warm (with cheesy, garlic bread....hehe)