Roasted Egplant (Vegetarian)
- 3 large
- eggplant(s) peeled and cubed
- 2 or 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- 6 clove
- garlic pressed or finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- kosher salt (after cooking to taste)
THIS IS JUST AS GOOD SERVED COLD WITH PITA BEAD
YOU CANE LEAVE EGGPLANT WHOLE AND BAKE LIKE THAT UNTILL SKIN TURNS A BROWNISH COLOR.THEN SCOOP OUT MEAT AND MIX THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS (AFTER YOU HAVE SAUTED THEM IN THE OLIVE OIL)
How to Make Roasted Egplant (Vegetarian)
- 1Line a baking sheet with foil
- 2Pour olive oil onto baking sheet
- 3add garlic,onions and black pepper to oil in pan
- 4put cubed eggplant on baking sheet,roll around in oil until well coated.
- 5eggplant is like a sponge and will soak up all of the olive oil so you may need to add more.
- 6The reason I say to add the salt later is because salt will pull out the liquid in the eggplant and you don't want to do this. You want the eggplant moist.
- 7bake for 30 minutes at 350* or until soft
- 8pour mixture into a large bowl and mash with a fork or leave it the way it is and pour over pasta
- 9serve as a side dish or over pasta for a vegetarian meal