Roasted Egplant (Vegetarian)
THIS IS JUST AS GOOD SERVED COLD WITH PITA BEAD
3 largeeggplant(s) peeled and cubed
2 or 3 Tbspolive oil
6 clovegarlic pressed or finely chopped
1/2 tspblack pepper
·kosher salt (after cooking to taste)
YOU CANE LEAVE EGGPLANT WHOLE AND BAKE LIKE THAT UNTILL SKIN TURNS A BROWNISH COLOR.THEN SCOOP OUT MEAT AND MIX THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS (AFTER YOU HAVE SAUTED THEM IN THE OLIVE OIL)
How to Make Roasted Egplant (Vegetarian)
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Pour olive oil onto baking sheet
- add garlic,onions and black pepper to oil in pan
- put cubed eggplant on baking sheet,roll around in oil until well coated.
- eggplant is like a sponge and will soak up all of the olive oil so you may need to add more.
- The reason I say to add the salt later is because salt will pull out the liquid in the eggplant and you don't want to do this. You want the eggplant moist.
- bake for 30 minutes at 350* or until soft
- pour mixture into a large bowl and mash with a fork or leave it the way it is and pour over pasta
- serve as a side dish or over pasta for a vegetarian meal