Roasted Corn with Green Beans and Red Onions
2cobs of corn, preferably white
4 cgreen beans, ends cut
4 Tbspolive oil, divided
1 largered onion
1/4 cwhite grape juice
2 Tbsprosted garlic
1 tspblack pepper
1 mediumroma tomato, diced
3 Tbspparmigiano-reggiano, grated
How to Make Roasted Corn with Green Beans and Red Onions
- Husk and clean cobs of corn. Place the green beans in a shallow baking dish and pour 2 TBS. olive oil over the top. Lightly salt and pepper then mix with fingertips to coat all of the green beans. Take head of garlic and cut in half. Lightly oil cut sides. Place corn, green beans and garlic on grill and cook until corn is a light brown, the green beans are al dente' and the garlic is browned.
- In a skillet add the remaining 2 TBS. of olive oil. Add onion and cook on medium low until onions carmelize.
- When grilled veggies are done let cool. Slice the kernals off the cob and cut the green beans into 1" pieces.
- Add green beans, corn and garlic to the onions. Saute' for about 4-5 minutes then deglaze with grape juice. Add butter and salt and pepper.
- Garnish with tomatoes and parmigiano-reggiano.