Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad
- ears fresh corn, not shucked, you are going to grill
- 2 c
- cherry or grape tomatos, sliced in half
- 1 bunch
- scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 8 oz
- white vermont cheddar
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad
- 1Put corn on bread rack, top rack of grill, husk on. Grill for about 12-16 minutes. Remove from grill, let rest to cool enough to husk.
- 2Whisk vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl. Gradually whisk oil into mixture to make a viniagrette. Add any herbs you would like here.
- 3Cut corn from cob over bowl, toss in tomatoes, scallions and white cheddar cheese chunks. Pour vinaigrette over veggie bowl.
- 4Cover and let stand 15 minutes to 2 hours in refrigerator. Before serving, tear basil over salad and toss.