Roasted Beet and Goatcheese Salad with Grapefruit Balsamic Dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp
- basil, dried
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- eggs, hard boiled
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- crumbled goat cheese
- half a handful of chopped parsley
How to Make Roasted Beet and Goatcheese Salad with Grapefruit Balsamic Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2Cut stalks off beets. Wash beets and slice into medium-thin slices. You can peel them now, or after they are done roasting.
- 3Toss slices with olive oil and all the spices (except the parsley herb).
- 4Put beets in loaf baking dish and roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- 5In the meantime, boil eggs and cool them. Peel and chop them.
- 6FOR DRESSING: Juice the grapefruit, add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Put dressing in fridge until ready to use.
- 7When beets are done, take them out and let them cool. You can peel them at this point, too.
- 8When beets are cooled, arrange them on a plate. Take grapefruit dressing, mix it up (it may have settled while waiting); pour grapefruit dressing on top of beets; add chopped egg, and sprinkle top with sea salt, parsley and goat cheese. Enjoy!