Roasted Asparagus with Tomatoes and Gorgonzola
3 lbasparagus, fresh
1/2-3/4 ptgrape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 ccrumbled gargonzola cheese
3-4 Tbspolive oil, light, enough to cover all asparagus
·salt and pepper, mortons seasoning,to taste, sprinkled on all asparagus.
NOTE* ADJUST AMOUNTS TO THE # YOU ARE SERVING, USUALLY 4-5 STALKS OF ASPARAGUS PER PERSON,
How to Make Roasted Asparagus with Tomatoes and Gorgonzola
- Heat oven to Broil (500 degrees).
- Clean asparagus, removing woody bottom portion.
Spread flat on a jelly roll baking sheet.
Shake olive oil evenly on all the asparagus.
Season to taste with S&P and seasoning. (I use Morton's)
- Have tomatoes halved, place on same baking sheet, in separate area of pan, as asparagus.
Season them with the olive oil and seasonings as well.
- Place under broiler for 3 minutes, turn asparagus, broil another 2-3 minutes till tender crisp.
Remove from oven, place asparagus, topped with tomatoes on oven proof serving dish.
Sprinkle heavily with the Gorgonzola cheese.
Place under broiler just until cheese melts...Serve immediately.
- Often I cook the asparagus and tomatoes halfway, then continue the cooking process at the last minute, so it gets to the table warm, gooey and delicious.