Roasted Acorn Squash Rings
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2acorn squash, about 1 lb each
3 Tbspolive oil
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspfennel seeds
1/4 tspcinnamon, ground ( i like a little more cinnamon so i add 1/2 tsp.)
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Roasted Acorn Squash Rings
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Coat a jellyroll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim stem ends and bottoms of squash. Cut each squash crosswise into 1/2"-thick slices; remove seeds.
- In large bowl combine squash rings with oil, garlic, fennel, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange squash rings, overlapping slightly on jellyroll pan. Bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer to serving platter and enjoy!
- This recipe is very low in calories (92- per serving) high in fiber, and rich in vitamins (c) and minerals (potassium).