Roasted Tomato Dip for French Bread
When I have an abundants of tomatoes from the garden I love making this for company or just make enough for us to watch TV instead of eating dinner.
I love using a mixture of my heirloom tomatoes. It adds flavor and color.
- 3 lb
- more or less of ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 c
- virgin olive oil, please look for the green olive oil
- fresh basil, optional
- freshly ground pepper
- crushed garlic clove
- thickly sliced french bread
- garlic butter
- parmesan cheese, optional
How to Make Roasted Tomato Dip for French Bread
- 1Place the tomatoes, garlic and oil in a medium roasting pan. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Add the basil chopped, optional.
Bake at 350* until tomatoes are soft and squishy.
- 2Slice french bread thick and spread with a little garlic butter. Toast in oven. Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese, optional.
- 3Dip hot garlic bread into the tomatoes and oil. Spoon some of the tomatoes and some of the oil on top of the bread.
Eat...with a lovely glass of wine.