★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 large
- fresh washed, peeled, quartered and sliced beets
- 1 bunch
- broccoli washed and cut to bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- pure maple syrup or substitute sweetener
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Red Broccoli
- 1Note: I consider a large beet 2 to 3 in. in diam. After preparing beets place in a 3 quart casserole dish. microwave on high for 5 minutes covered.
- 2Add prepared broccoli over the top of the partially cooked beets. Sprinkle dry ingredients over the top. Pour slowly and evenly the olive oil and maple syrup on top. Microwave 5 minutes on high covered. Let rest for 2 minutes.
- 3Using a large spoon lift the beets from the bottom of the dish and mix the beets and broccoli evenly. If you prefer a less al dente dish, cook, covered in the microwave for additional time. Microwaves vary, so cook times may need to be adjusted to suit your taste.