Quinoa-Stuffed Green Peppers
1 cquinoa, rinsed before adding to boiling water
1 1/4 cboiling water
1 largegreen bell pepper, partially steamed, and cut in half
1/2 mediumvidalia onion chopped, for sauteing
1 smallsummer squash, sliced and quartered, for sauteing
1 smallzucchini, sliced and quartered, for sauteing
2 mediumplum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
1 smallcan tomato sauce
1 or 2 pinchground/grated dried garlic to taste
·salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cgrated italian cheese combination for topping
How to Make Quinoa-Stuffed Green Peppers
- Boiling Quinoa for ten minutes,covered, remove and rest for five minutes, fluff with a fork.
- Steam the Bell pepper after removing center/top and seeds, just for about four or five minutes, while you are stirring and sauteing the other vegetables.
- Saute all vegetables in olive oil, five or ten minutes, add seasonings.
- Place two halves of Bell pepper in oiled casserole,or a small rectangular shallow dish. Stuff pepper halves with Quinoa. Top with sauteed vegetables, and pour tomato sauce over all. Add grated cheese on top of peppers.
- Place in preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until golden on top.
NOTE: Serve with parmesan cheese if desired, and crusty bread for a filling meal. We ate it, and I forgot to take a picture first!