Queenie's String Beans
It's so yummy and it's nice enough for a holiday table and easy enough for during the week.
And let's face it....is there anything better than a recipe handed down from our mom?
Well, Patty's mom is no longer with us, but she lives on for all of us through her string beans. ;-)
Here's to you, Mrs. B!!!!!!
- bag frozen whole string beans. (also, feel free to use fresh or canned (2).)
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Queenie's String Beans
- 1Cook the string beans until they are tender/crisp. I just microwave them in a corning with a little water.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the chopped onions. Cook until translucent - about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the breadcrumbs to the onion/butter mixture and stir.
- 4Add the cooked string beans to the skillet and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste, but be careful if you're using canned string beans because salt may have already been added.
- 5Enjoy and give a toast to Queenie!