Purple fingerlings and Golden Beets
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cpurple fingerling potato cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cgolden beets cut into one inch pieces
1/2 tsponion salt
1/2 tspgarlic salt
How to Make Purple fingerlings and Golden Beets
- Heat oven to 400
Wash purple fingerling potato and cut into one inch pieces (bite size). put in bowl of water and set aside
- Remove greens, and peel golden beets, cut beets into one inch pieces (bite size)
- In a shallow oven proof dish that has a lid melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the salt and the beets and toss.
- Add water to the beets cover and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Toss then with the beets and the butter. Add another couple of tablespoons of water and bake at 400 for another 30 minutes.
- Depending on the amount you make and the size of the pieces you may have to bake a little longer. Bothe the potatoes and the beets should be done when a fork easily slides into them. The beets are done when they have the consistency of a roasted carrot.