Polish Cabbage Stuffing for Turkey
My hubby said he was cooking Thanksgiving dinner & making cabbage stuffing.
My family was horrified!
I made "back up" stuffing (didn't think we'd like this weird recipe, it was not OUR traditional Thanksgiving fare). We liked it so much, that we never ate my "back up" stuffing! We learned many things that Thanksgiving, like everyone has their own traditions & don't be afraid to try new things...
& MAKE NEW TRADITIONS !
Photo of 45 pound turkey! Yep, you read right, a gift because we had the biggest oven!
Play With Your Food ! xo
- 1 medium
- head cabbage (chopped or shredded)
- 3 large
- onions (diced)
- stalk celery (diced)
- 3 large
- apples (diced)
- 1 c
- butter (or margarine)
- 2 tsp
- each: ground sage and poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp
- each: ground black pepper and salt
- water or poultry broth (enough to moisten stuffing)
- loaves of bread (torn up)
How to Make Polish Cabbage Stuffing for Turkey
- 1Saute' cabbage, onion, celery and apple in butter until translucent and tender. Combine vegetable mixture with spices and bread in a large roast pan or bowl. Sprinkle with water or broth until well moistened. Stuff and truss your turkey(s) There will be enough for (3) 30-pound turkeys or extra to bake in a greased covered casserole or roast pan at 325° for about 45 minutes (or til done). Take the cover off the last 10 minutes to brown.
*** Don't forget to baste the turkey and stuffing... and add some to the pan of dressing too.