Pico De Gallo Coleslaw
If you want it spicy, leave in the seeds from the jalapeno.
- bag coleslaw shredded mix (or make your own using 1/2 head cabbage, shredded, along with 2 carrots, shredded)
- red onion, small
- mild jalapeno, medium
- yellow bell pepper
- 5-6 Tbsp
- plum tomatoes
- 3/4 c
- pineapple chunks
- handful chopped, fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pico De Gallo Coleslaw
- 1Empty cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix into a big bowl. Fresh would taste great; I use the bagged one sometimes to save on time....
- 2Finely dice the red onion, jalapeno (leave out seeds) and bell pepper and add to coleslaw. Mix to incorporate.
- 3Now add your mayonnaise and mix well. Don't add mayo at the end because if you mix the slaw harshly (as you need to to mix in the mayo), the tender ingredients like tomato and avocado will be smushed and smashed and the salad will come out like a paste.
- 4After mayo is in, now dice tomato and add it in along with the chopped cilantro, and mix gentley.
- 5Dice avocado, add it in, and also juice the lime into the salad; mix gentley.
- 6If you are using fresh pineapple, finely dice it and add it in. If you are using canned, drain juice out from the chunks, dice them up smaller, add in. Mix gentley!
- 7At this point, salt and pepper it to taste. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish top with lime and diced avocado.