Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
6(9x14 inch) sheets phyllo dough, thawed according to package directions
3 Tbspdijon mustard
6(1 oz) slices reduced-fat swiss cheese, each cut in half
6(1/2 oz) slices deli-ham, each cut in half
1 lbasparagus, trimmed (about 24 spears)
How to Make Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet with the short end facing you . (cover remaining sheets of phyllo with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out). Lightly spray phyllo with non-stick spray: top with second phyllo sheet and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Brush the top of the phyllo sheet evenly with 1 tablespoon of mustard. With sharp knife, cut layered sheets lengthwise in half then crosswise to make 4 rectangles.
- Top each rectangle with once cheese slice and one ham slice. Place two asparagus spears near the bottom of the rectangle and roll it up snugly like a cigar.
- Lightlyspray the rolls with non-stick spray and place, seam side down, on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients to make 12 rolls total.
- Bake until rolls are lightly browned and crisp, 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Per serving: (2 rolls) 146 cal; 14 g Protein; 4 tot fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 15 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 2 g sugar; 300 mg Calcium; 3 mg Iron; 457 mg Sodium; 17 mg Cholesterol.