Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
- (9x14 inch) sheets phyllo dough, thawed according to package directions
- 3 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- (1 oz) slices reduced-fat swiss cheese, each cut in half
- (1/2 oz) slices deli-ham, each cut in half
- 1 lb
- asparagus, trimmed (about 24 spears)
How to Make Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- 2Place 1 phyllo sheet with the short end facing you . (cover remaining sheets of phyllo with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out). Lightly spray phyllo with non-stick spray: top with second phyllo sheet and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- 3Brush the top of the phyllo sheet evenly with 1 tablespoon of mustard. With sharp knife, cut layered sheets lengthwise in half then crosswise to make 4 rectangles.
- 4Top each rectangle with once cheese slice and one ham slice. Place two asparagus spears near the bottom of the rectangle and roll it up snugly like a cigar.
- 5Lightlyspray the rolls with non-stick spray and place, seam side down, on the baking sheet.
- 6Repeat with the rest of the ingredients to make 12 rolls total.
- 7Bake until rolls are lightly browned and crisp, 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- 8Per serving: (2 rolls) 146 cal; 14 g Protein; 4 tot fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 15 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 2 g sugar; 300 mg Calcium; 3 mg Iron; 457 mg Sodium; 17 mg Cholesterol.