PEGGI'S SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE
Peggi Anne Tebben
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon grease or real butter, not margarine
- 1/2 head
- cabbage, cored & cut into about 1" square pieces, no smaller
- 1/2 large
- onion, cut into slivers
- smidgen (about 1/4 tsp.) sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make PEGGI'S SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE
- 2Start out on high heat for a minute or two, until cabbage starts to "give it up",then reduce heat to low & cover skillet.
- 3Give it about 5 minutes before you start to stir it in skillet. Then, for the next 10 min, about, stir occasionally so it won't burn. Leave lid on to cook. Don't over stir it or it will just mush & not brown.
- 5Serve with anything. We had it with hamburger steaks & sauted onions today.