PEGGI'S ROASTED ASPARAGUS
Peggi Anne Tebben
We used to pick wild asparagus before we started growing our own.
- 1 lb
- asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 small
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- montreal or quebec chicken seasoning
- big hand full of fresh sliced button mushrooms (optional)
How to Make PEGGI'S ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- 1Preheat oven to 400°
- 2You will need a broiling pan or some sort of flat pan with slight lip on it. I use my little pan that came with my countertop oven, as that is the oven I use to cook this in.
- 3Trim asparagus: Start from the bottom of stalk & in about 1 1/2" lengths, snap the asparagus, like green beans. Usually the first snap will be tough & stringy. When asparagus starts to make a crisp snap, you are in the keepable part. Throw tough part away. If you try to snap the first piece from the bottom of stem & it has no give or won't snap, keep trying up the stalk until it does & that's where you want to start keeping the stalk.
Or you can try cutting with knife & when it makes a cut & has no resistence with the knife, that's wher it starts being good.
- 7Peggi's Note: You can also do this on the grill. Just put in same pan & place on hot grill until done.